There’s just something about get out and about on the water. It just makes you feel more alive, happier, more free! If you’re lucky enough to own your own pleasure craft then we’re sure that you can attest to this!
With an abundance of gorgeous waterways – and hey, our whole country is an island too – Australia is the perfect place to go cruising down the riving, take your friends out on the lake for water-skiing, or go out racing on the clear blue ocean.
Taking your boat out isn’t without the risk of danger, though. And that’s what insurance is for. To cover you if a storm hits and you sustain damage, if you collide with another boat knocking someone to the deck who needs hospitalization, if someone crashes into you and they don’t have insurance…
At DGA, we’re experts in hunting out the best insurance to when it comes to your craft. We ensure you have an excellent level of coverage at a great price. While each and every package is tailored specifically to your craft and how you use it, we have a base package that we always recommend for our clients.
The main features of this policy include:
- All types of craft insured at competitive prices e.g. yachts, power boats and runabouts, cabin cruisers, houseboats and game fishing boats
We provide insurance options for a huge range of water craft, no matter how big or small.
- A Third Party Liability Limit of $10,000,000, including water-skier’s liability
Make sure that you’re covered for any personal injury or damage caused by your boat – including the person that you’re towing behind your vehicle
- We can also insure your runabout or jet ski on the same policy with automatic liability cover for water skiers on runabouts
Combined policies save costs and the overhead of extra paperwork.
- The Agreed Value Sum insured
We reach an agreed value of your pleasure craft before insuring, so you are covered to the value of the policy.
- All on board equipment is covered
Your prized fish finder and communications equipment are all covered under your policy.
- Tender dinghies are included in the policy without any extra fee
Any incidental boats that stay with your craft are classified as part of the boat itself.
- No Claim Bonus discounts of up to 25%
Save on your policy costs when you don’t make any claims.
- Further discounts for Burglar Alarms and Gas detectors
Certain safety features on board will reduce the cost of your insurance.
- Australia wide coverage
Be assured that you are insured wherever you take your boat around Australia.
- Sail craft racing risks covered
Competitive sailing doesn’t mean that you have to risk your boat, with automatic cover included for racing.